Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 1 April 2005

getting settled in...

I have started my new job and am just busy getting connected up and figuring out what is going on.

I have been spending a solid hour+ each way to and from work each day. This morning I drove the plain normal way and it took half the time - so much for my clever routes! *hahaha*

My friend pointed out though that it's school holidays, so I can expect it to get much worse from next week... I have been working from before 8 to 4:30pm.

Now it turns out that I have to deal mostly with a guy in LA, who works exactly inverse times to mine, so I may need to adjust my working hours quite substantially... and spend evenings working, hopefully from home...

I am thinking of doing 9:00-15:30 here, and then 20:30 - 22:30 at home, that way I can spend the mornings before school and afternoons with the kids, and still go to gym etc.., and then put in some hours after the kids go to bed. Hopefully that will be allowed.

It will be an adjustment though.
_____

This first week has actually been hard, as on Thursday Richard found out that he had to spend this week in Uganda! Luckily Tiny has been able to help me out with coming in early and staying late, and in the evenings I have just been cuddling with the boys, and then going to bed quite early just after they do, so it's actually worked out fine.

The boys are well, and Griffin in particular has been very sweet and helpful this week - he can sometimes be quite difficult and otherwise.

p.s. I got a welcome e-mail from Mark Shuttleworth last night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment