Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 18 April 2007

April in Paris

..May in Seville!

Yes, well after spending the last 14 months firmly in good old SA, I am now jetting off again! And this time I am really excited.

I passed on my 'travel all around the world, all the time - seeing nothing' banner to Richard when I left, and he joined, Canonical.

This trip is also work related (for him), as the next Ubuntu community gathering and developer summit is being held in Seville (Spain), as well as an Edubuntu Education Summit which Richard is arranging- and I get to tag along!

So not only does this give me an opportunity to see all my ex-colleagues, who I have been missing SO MUCH, but since I won't be working the whole time I should get a chance to actually see something this time and Richard and I get to spend our birthday together - in Paris no less!

There must be something to April in Paris, since a movie and song have that title.

I was last in Paris in 1987 at nearly 13 years old. I suspect it is going to be more fun in 2007 at nearly 33 years old :))

So we jet set out of SA on April 27th (Freedom Day) and fly to Paris, where we'll have 2 days and nights and then we head off to Seville, where we'll be staying in a hostel-type lodge for a few nights before heading to the official hotel (which looks pretty swish) for the official stuff.

Now I 'just' need to finish making plans for the kids for while we are away - no mean feat that, I tell you!

I have a week to get everything sorted out, shopping, letters to all and sundry, schedules, baby sitters, lifts, packing, shopping, visas, etc etc and then we get on the plane and relaaaaax!

Oh I guess I should do some planning as to what to do once we get there... any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Too bad I am not joining UDS Seville ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that sounds just groovy jane, i am also jealous. You are going to have a SUPER TIME!! wow!!!Of course i dont need to tell you to take lots of photos hey!?? lol.

    i am going through some life changing events myself. You can read about it sometime soon. Been a bit scarce on the blog front lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure when or where you will read this but HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TODAY! I hope Paris is everything you wished for!!! What a place to spend your 33rd Birthday hey!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green with envy I tell you

    ReplyDelete