Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 14 April 2010

What have you done!?

I think I have done this one before... but here we go again.

(Items in bold I have done, and italics are half done's)


1. Started your own blog - yup back in 2005 with posts dating back to 2003.
2. Slept under the stars - of course. Love it!

3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower - yep goes hand in hand with #2
6. Given more than you can afford to charity - that would be stupid I think. I give but not more than I can afford!
7. Been to Disney World
8. Climbed a mountain - yep Lion's Head, Mount Majuba, little bits of the 'Berg and the one by Greyton/Genadendal. Still need to do Table mountain!
9. Held a praying mantis - whenever I get the chance. I love them.
10. Sang a solo
11. Bunjee jumped
12. Visited Paris - twice and I LOVE it.
13. Watched a lightning storm. Often. I grew up on the high veld, loads of thunderers there.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I taught myself to knit, crotchet, do calligraphy, yoga, birthing, baking, still need to learn to paint one day!

15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - yep.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own veggies - yep tomatoes, herbs, carrots, green peppers, beans etc.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa at the Louvre – yep on the first Paris visit. It is much smaller than you'd expect.
20. Slept on an overnight train - yep done the JHB - CPT over-nighter quite a few times.
21. Had a pillowfight - yes of course!
22. Hitch hiked
- yes in Thailand, but only out of desperation, and a we got a lift on a bike.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not sick - once or twice (I didn't get paid since I was a contractor anyway) to attend kid's school stuff.

24. Made a snow fort - no never had the opportunity but I have made forts from bricks, wood, mud etc.
25. Held a lamb - yes I love lambs!
26. Ran a marathon - well no but I've done several halfs, so I have half done this one.
27. Went skinny dipping - I do this often at home!

28. Rode in a gondola in Venice - I'd love to do this!
29. Witnessed total eclipse - of the moon yes, and from the top of Lion's head too!
30. Seen a sunrise or sunset - yep lots. Beautiful.

31. Hit a home run
- yes I played softball in highschool
32. Been on a cruise - not a proper long one but been on dinner and sunset cruises, does that count?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace/ home of your ancestors - yep been to Sterkfontein caves/Maropeng and Scotland where my family was from originally.
35. Seen an Amish country
36. Taught yourself a new language - a bit of Thai, some French.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I am not driven by money, I am easily satisfied. A walk on the beach with someone special is more valuable to me than most things.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing - mostly bouldering, but I did the harness and abseiling climbing once, would love to do more of it.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. Sung karaoke - yes but I sing badly!
42. Seen Old Faithful erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - a blind date who made me pay!
44. Visited Africa - I live here! But I want to explore Africa MUCH more still.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - of course.
46. Taken a ride in an ambulance - sadly yes. Just once, but it was for 3.5 hours and it was not a pleasant experience.

47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower - I've been under it twice and climbed the first section. I need to go all the way one day!
50. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - snorkeling in Thailand. AWESOME!

51. Kissed in the rain - yum.
52. Played in the mud - often.
53. Gone to a drive-in theater - love it, wish there was one in CPT still.

54. Been in a movie – well in the credits, does that count?
55. Visited the Great Wall of China - no but I really want to.
56. Started a business - the Birth Buddies doula business. It's most dormant now.
57. Taken a martial arts class - Does kata boxing count?

58. Visited Russia
59. Worked at a soup kitchen
60. Sold Girl Scout cookies
61. Gone whale watching
62. Gotten flowers for no reason - I love getting flowers. Of any kind, even a daisy from the side of the road. Something that says 'I was thinking about you' or 'you are special to me' makes my heart mushy.
63. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma - Not yet but I want to and will one day. I have low BP and slight aneamia so it's not that easy to achieve though.
64. Gone sky diving
65. Visited Nazi concentration camp
66. Bounced a check
67. Flown in a helicopter - nearly got a chance, but it never happened. Bummer.
68. Saved a childhood toy - a doll and some teddies.

69. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
70. Eaten caviar - several times
71. Pieced a quilt
72. Stood in Times Square
73. Toured the Everglades
74. Been fired from a job
75. Seen the changing of the guards in London - yep I have, we tried to make them laugh too/
76. Broken a bone
77. Been a passenger on a motorcycle

78. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
79. Published a book
80. Visited the Vatican
81. Bought a brand new car - had 2000km on the clock, and was only 3 months old. new enough for me.
82. Visited Jerusalem
83. Had your picture in the paper - yep several times
84. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
85. Visited the White House
86. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - no but I would if I had to.
87. Had chickenpox
88. Saved someone’s life - I have helped at accidents and 'been there' for people, but I doubt I have seriously saved a life. Besides my own.
89. Sat on a jury
90. Met someone famous - several.
91. Joined a book club - weirdly no.
92. Got a tattoo - yep! I love it.
93. Had a baby - 3

94. Seen the Alamo in person
95. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
96. Been involved in a law suit - yep a divorce
97. Owned a cell phone - several
98. Been stung by a bee - a few times

99. Swam in the Black Sea

That makes 56.. Same as Sally-Jane go figure :)

1 comment: