Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 20 December 2005

Oh rats!

Well it seems we are getting rats for Christmas....

It all started when after 2 years of contented life, I let our bunny die at the begining of winter (a combination of wet, cold and lack of food I am afraid) I blame the stress from Canonical! Quinn had looked after him very well up to that point, and we were sad to bid farewell to Bugs.

I told them we wouldn't consider getting another pet until summer time at least, which they accepted. Then a month or two ago Quinn started asking for a Hamster. Richard doesn't like them much and thinks they are stupid - however he thinks that Rats have superior powers and started brain washing Quinn to favour rats. (I prefer mice, they are hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings after all...), but Richard was adamant that mice can not compare to rats as pets.

One day Quinn came up to me and with a winning and faultless argument said, 'I know, let's ask Father Christmas to bring me a rat. Then you won't even need to buy it!', and thus was our fate to have a rat sealed.
one from my imagined little cage with cute contained mouslet into a research thesis, peninsula-wide search and monolith of architectural engineering, and that's just for the cage! If and when it reaches completion I will post pictures, but this thing has doors, ladder
s, pipes, mezzanine-levels no-less, hammocks etc designed into it! I mean this tihng sunds like it could grace the pages of Good Mousekeeping or something ;)

Then the rat itself, the PhD in Rat-ology has apparently revealed that one must have at least 2, and that they need special diets, and they can't live in a pine home (it's too common for them or something?) etc etc. One wonders how they survive in sewers being such sensitive and fussy creatures *boggle*

So the Rat Abode is being constructed and the onus is on me to collect 2 suitable young females on Friday. I am hoping to find small tan or grey ones.

Who knows I may get so into rats that I create a page like THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment