Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 16 August 2006

Hat attack!

Now I am not much of a hat person. I seldom even wear sun hats, despite having skin that really needs it.

But after washing my newly coiffed hair for the first time last night and then going to sleep with it still partially damp last night, and waking up to find a whirled nest on top of my head and no time to remedy it, I decided to solve the problem by covering it all with a hat.

It is the only one I own, and you may recall that I originally bought the hat with that exact purpose in mind.

Amazingly my desperate attempt at inconspicuously disguising a problem and hiding away has resulted in a LOT of attention today. I have been veritably mobbed by people commenting on the hat, from the cleaners, to tea lady, to old guy who sits in the corner office. I am not sure it's a good thing, but it has been kind of fun...

2 comments:

  1. Like the hat too. I don't wear hats either. I think I look bad in them lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. so swish, dah-ling - you look as if you're about to sashay down the Champs Elysees!

    ReplyDelete