Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 14 August 2006

Playing in the mud

Now, I am determined to be a cool mom, at least some of the time, so when I saw the giant mud puddles forming where I drop Quinn off for school, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let the kids play in them.

At first they thought I had gone mad, because 'it will be cold', 'we'll get wet!', 'it's all muddy!'. But when I convinced them that I would take a towel, plastic bags for them to sit on and we'd go straight home to bath afterwards, the boys warmed to the idea that it might just be fun...

So armed with the trusty 'black bikes' we went to play in the mud.

Sorry the picture quality is pretty bad.



It was really fun. Now the rest of this story is that the kids always want me to race through water puddles with my car, to create big splashes. I normally oblige, but refused to zoom in these muddy puddles with my car, because I didn't want it to get dirty. Boring I know! Anyway so while my car was at the panel beaters. I had a courtesy vehicle - a battered automatic citi golf.

On the Friday the mud puddles were particularly big and I said to Quinn, 'Come on let's race through them'. That worked well for 1 1/2 puddles, because puddle 2 was rather too deep and splashed too much and the car died. LOL. Lucky for me we were right at Quinn's school, and walking distance to the train, which is how I got to work that day... LOL.

3 comments:

  1. Serves you right for abusing other peoples property!!! lol!
    I cant remember the last time i caught a train either, dont feel quite as safe as i used to. Nevermind splashing in mud!!!! Maybe at x country but that was unintentional!!!!
    Gosh this weather is sad, i am sitting here at work today not doing too much, on my second cup of coffee, its so boring when the markets do NOTHING! Hope your day is more eventful than mine. Oh! i started a blog too, yours looks rather fun and i decided to try it out too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love letting the kids play in mud to. In summer I'll even MAKE a mud pubble for the to play in....I'm not well!

    I laughed about the car though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheh LOVE how yet again you've killed a car...that's TWO in how many weeks? hehehehe One more and your 'three strikes' is up....

    ReplyDelete