Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Women's Day Challenge - my turning point.

I may just be seeing light at the end of my gloomy tunnel. I have had 2-3 months of really not having fun and just being stressed and haggard. And feeling fat and unfit. But I dragged myself to the Women's Day 10km Challenge today and it was SO GOOD TO GET OUT AND RUN IN THE SUN!

I saw some friendly faces, who asked why I have been scarce, and actually seemed to care, and best of all I finished the race in a not too shabby 52:15. YAY! So I am not that unfit after all. *glee*

I am inspired to get back on track, fit, happy and in control again. My job can simply not consume my life any more. It makes me so unhappy. I really NEED to exercise it is not a luxury it is a necessity.

2 comments:

  1. Well done that's an excellent finish! Was nice to see you :-)
    I didn't do to bad either but I walk can't run yet ... 10km
    Keep well Jane and keep smiling - you have an amazing smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. It was great to see you again! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete