Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Gushing about midwives again...

Can I gush again about how awesome midwives are..?

I just had another appointment. 75 mins long. It's like having coffee with a friend, except without the coffee. We caught up about what she and I have been up to since we last saw each other (5 weeks ago), and everything is so relaxed and flowy and conversational. The medical checks are so gentle and in the background I barely notice they are happening.

She felt baby and confirmed that he is indeed head down now. YAY!! :) (I was suspecting it, but wasn't sure. His movements are quite weird and cryptic sometimes).

She also felt a fibroid on my uterus. And I had a +1 glucose reading. Neither seem to be issues though and I'll watch my diet and reduce carbs and sugars and up protein till my next visit to ensure there's no sugar issue brewing.

Then she massaged my belly with her divine smelling aromatherapy oil. I had told her my one hip/sacroiliac joint was tight, so when I rolled over she massaged that. Next thing after I sat up she started massaging my feet too. *BLISS*

I always leave feeling calm and happy and healthy. She is awesome.  

My next visit is in 3 weeks which will be the homebirth planning homevisit!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have clearly missed PLENTY :) Congratulations on your pregnancy and look forward to following the rest of your journey!

    ReplyDelete