Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.

So tonight we had the first ed psych assessment for Quinn.**

She wanted some time alone with Quinn after my initial preamble, so I took G for a walk outside. While having a casual chat, I asked Griff if he misses his dad - it's been about a month since they saw him.

He said, 'No, not really.'

So I asked if he wanted to see his dad again, and he said, 'Yes, once. To get my money back. He owes me a lot of money.'

Damn it all man, Griffin was his biggest fan and ally and he has even screwed that up royally now. Imagine losing faith in, and respect for, your dad at 7 years old!?

It is SO bloody sad.

What a bloody idiot!

**she btw within 20 mins said I should prevent my ex from seeing the kids, so it is unanimous from pretty much every trained person we have encountered, I am pursuing a restraining order and refiling for sole custody for sure now. I no longer give a flying toss about him. Seriously.
Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
~ Pamela Glenconner

7 comments:

  1. Your poor boys :( I would also do the same as you now. Screw him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Cameron saw the psych she also re-affirmed my decision to deny access!

    Its the hardest thing in the world though Jane - eventho its the RIGHT thing its not easy!

    Kiara misses him alot but Cameron STILL now 2 months since the whole thing happened says he wants to replace his dad!

    They do not understand the deep and lasting effect they have on their children!

    (((HUGS)) am thinking of you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Jane I really feel for you. Why can they see past their own selfishness! Protecting your kids from their own dad is not something a mom should have to do. But like Laura I think that while it is totally sucky it is the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really feel for you on so many levels. i can relate as a daughter and as a mother.
    the way you are handling it is so beneficial for them. being open and honest and allowing them to express themselves through various outlets.
    Kudos to you.
    a friend once felt sad that her boys may one day need a psychologist's couch - but then realised that with her as a mum they at least would know that couches were available for exactly that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so very sad. So sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jane... your poor boys... I am so sorry that their dad has let them down so badly.

    Strongs girl.

    ReplyDelete