Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Randomz

Quinn has taken a liking to surfing after his week-long holiday camp where (among other cool things) he got to try it out a couple of times. So he has finally had an approved (by me) usage for his 'granny money' and now has a second hand surf board and wet suit. We'll report back on how it goes. I am looking forward to watching him try it out!

Griffin has been given a pair of roller-blades and can be found failing/falling everywhere from the street, to the kitchen to the grass in the park on them. I have warned him not to land in the swimming pool,with them on. That would probably not end well!

The blades don't really fit Quinn, but they'll be sharing both items. They are both doing great at the moment and our little family is ticking along nicely. It makes me feel good.

They are of course chuffed as anything with their new toys. I'll take photos of them in action soon.

Work is ok, although yesterday was a day from hell where everything that could have gone wrong with our network did. ARGH!! It was an all-day long avalanche of shite and hair pulling, until the directors weren't even anxious about it anymore and everyone just backed off and let us get it resolved, somehow, anyhow. What a cock-up! Still the end result is good and we now have proof of the things we have been on about and management is taking notice. Finally.

I seem to be getting some fitness back. I have run almost every day for about 3 weeks now, and have done about 130km this month already. Last night despite the hectic day at work, and feeling like curling in the foetal position and rocking back and forth, I got out there and did a run anyway. And it ROCKED. I managed to pump hard up the hill and felt quite strong even. YEE-HA!

I have a girl's night out for wine and pizzas (mostly wine) tonight. I can't wait! It is going to be fun.

The warmer weather has been wonderful too. I am sure winter is far from over, but this year I haven't loved the cold and rain so much and have far preferred the warmer sunshiny days. I have needed them. That and being in the mountain. I have gone into the mountains a good few times this winter. It really makes me feel centered and calm again.

I am in a very good place right now. I have seen nearly ALL my family in the past couple of weeks. My mom (dead), my gran (turning 90 in a couple of months), both my sisters, my dad and my step mother. It was good to reconnect with everyone, and good to finally wrap up all my mother issues and be able to once and for all move ON.

I actually feel like I have metamorphosised in some way and shed a lot of old stuff and have come into myself suddenly. Like I suddenly know who I am and where I am going. I am ready to take flight.

I have booked (and paid for) 2x flights for the boys and I to go to JHB. Once in December for my step-sister's wedding, and then again in February when we'll be traveling into the Berg to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. I am very much looking forward to both.

4 comments:

  1. hear purring and it sounds good.

    you are an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are better for you. Impressed with your surfer boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moaning Myrtle21 July 2009 at 18:00

    You sound so much more content and happy about things. Enjoy your girls night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to see you when you come to JHB.

    ReplyDelete