Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 31 January 2012

I did it! 10 000kms!

As of tonight I have run 10 000km, on the dot!
Since I started counting - somewhere in October 2005 shortly after I started running.

I was excited when I first 'got to' Bloemfontein.


It took me some time but I got to 5000km back in May 2009

 Now on 31 January 2012 I have run 10000km!!!
 Wow, that is the distance from the North Pole to the Equator. (pretty much exactly, since that is how the definition of a meter was defined/derived; 1/10000000 of that distance is 1m!). I think I may take a short rest now before I carry on all the way to the South Pole. Wish me luck!

My boys both high-fived me when I got home tonight and told me they are proud of me and very impressed. Both said, 'Niiice!', and Quinn said, 'That's quite a big achievement mom!' :)

3 comments: