Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Thursday 11 November 2010

Whenever we are appreciative, we are filled with a sense of well-being and swept up by the feeling of joy.

“Whenever we are appreciative, we are filled with a sense of well-being and swept up by the feeling of joy.” — M.J. Ryan

I can vouch for that. As a 'fiercely independent' person. I have never in my life been this helpless and reliant on others. I have never HAD to count on other people to get me to and from places, or to carry things, or fetch things for me, or do me favours. It is hard for me to feel indebted to people and like I am inconveniencing them. It is hard for me to ask for help. But I am learning that I can ask for help and that the gratitude and appreciation I feel for the help I am getting really does warm my heart.

Today I am grateful to/for:
- Mike for the lifts to and from work and to and from Pick 'n Pay so I could get Griffin's birthday cup cakes.
- The Pick 'n Pay bakery employee who saw me struggling to hop around with a tower of cup cakes in my hands and got a basket for me, went to fetch the other things I needed, got me to the till and bumped me to the front of the 'handicapped' queue.
- Jo-Jo the Congolese security guard outside the shop who was so charming and sweet and chatted to me while I waited. He even gave me his cell phone number and promises of undying love & devotion. LOL.
- Lee-Ann for bringing me cake and the most divine milk tart, on her birthday. YUMMY!
- My sister Catherine for sending me a photo of my other sister's new gorgeous baby girl. Awww.
- The bicycle shop who delivered Griffin's bicycle to our house for free, because I could not go fetch it in time for his birthday tomorrow. <3 X <3 (They just got MAJOR customer loyalty from me.)
- Sue & Mel for lifting the kids to and from school again.
- Manoj for listening and giving advice, when he didn't have to, and even offering to be my referring doctor.
- Pete for being patient.
- Louis for liking my logo and website more than the new designs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment