Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Thursday 11 December 2008

A list of stuff

I found this on Jenty's blog and decided it would be fun to do... the American bias is a bit annoying, but otherwise it's a good list.

Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog - Yarp in 2005

2. Slept under the stars - yes several times, and I am sure I will again. Next time up Lions Head!

3. Played in a band - nope but I have played the fool a lot.

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower - several times.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland/world

8. Climbed a mountain - Lion;s Head, Mount Majuba, Genadendaal Mountain. I still need to climb Table Mountain.

9. Held a praying mantis - loads of times, and chameleons, frogs, beetles, lizards, geckos, shongololos etc etc

10. Sang a solo (in the shower)

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris - twice. When I was 13 and again when I was 33. Love it!

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - I wasn't at sea but the storm was

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - does cooking, baking & crafts count?

15. Adopted a child - if I have another child I suspect it will be through adoption.

16. Had food poisoning - of course who hasn't?

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - this could be interesting, but not first on my list of large erections to scale ;)

18. Grown your own vegetables. - Yes I have done beans, tomatoes, gooseberries, several herbs, lettuce, chillies etc. I would like to do more of this!

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - yep in the Louvre when my dad took me when I was 13.

20. Slept on an overnight train - yep done the Cape Town - JHB trip several times, and JHB - Nelspruit too. We were going to do the Paris - Seville and Bangkok - Phuket trips too but it was more expensive than flying, so we flew.

21. Had a pillow fight - I have had many and varied fights. Pillows, towels, dish cloths, sticks, gym balls, water, balloons. You name it, I'll fight with it!

22. Hitch hiked - no but we did pick a hitch-hiking couple up once.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - yes, not often but once or twice. I was a contractor anyway so didn;t get paid when I was off, but I bluffed being sick so I could go see Quinn's events at school. Celebration Day, Gala, Athletics etc ;)

24. Built a snow fort - like an igloo? This could be fun!

25. Held a lamb - yep cute alive and kicking ones, and dead packaged ones ;)

26. Gone skinny dipping - ja of course both in the day and night. In the pool, sea and wdams and waterfalls!

27. Run a Marathon - only done 10km races so far, but must do at LEAST a half marathon if not full marathon one day

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I'd LOVE to go to Venice... and Tuscany, and Rome, and heck all over Italy

29. Seen a total eclipse - of the moon yes. Partial eclipse of the sun.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - often.

31. Hit a home run - yes in softball

32. Been on a cruise - I'd love to go on a cruise one day

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - would like to see Vic Falls more

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - been to Scotland near where my great grandparents were from and to Sterkfontein caves - cradle of mankind!

35. Seen an Amish community - nope but seen various other tribal people

36. Taught yourself a new language - bit and pieces of Thai etc but want to learn MUCH more.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - well I am not greedy. I guess one can always have more and it would be great to have the luxury of not having to work, but I am generally more of less comfortable.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - part of tha Epic Italy trip I will do one day ;)

39. Gone rock climbing - want to do more of this though!

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - again that Italy trip

41. Sung karaoke - VERY badly!

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa - Well technically I live in Africa and have seen a lot of South Africa, but I want to see MUCH more of Africa.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance - before Angelique was born and dies I was transported for 3.5 hours between De Aar and Kimberley in an Ambulance on a bump Karoo road in the rain.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - see Italy ;)

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Loads of times, pity there are none left in Cape Tow I'd love to take the bosy toa drive-in.

55. Been in a movie - Well I am listed in the credits of a cinema movie...

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business - my doula business

58. Taken a martial arts class - does katabox count, oh and few tai chi classes.

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - come close but not done it yet. I can now that I am not pregnant or breastfeeding etc.

65. Gone sky diving - really want to try this!

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a cheque - never

68. Flown in a helicopter - been in a hot air balloon though

69. Saved a favourite childhood toy - I had quite a few, but between my sister & step mother mine are all gone now, except the porcelain doll I bought on the Zeebrugge ferry when I was 13.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt - I helped with one.

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job - never

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - nope I was brainwashed to be anti-motorbikes ;)

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican - sort of Italy ;)

82. Bought a brand new car - well it had 2000km on the clock but that's pretty damn new!

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.

85. Read the entire Bible - read some of it. No inclination to read the rest, except to be able to argue about it ;)

86. Visited the White House - who gives a shit!?

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox.

89. Saved someone’s life - saved my sister & Griffin from drowning a few times.

90. Sat on a jury - N/A, but I had to stand in the stalls of the High Court the day I got divorced!

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club - would join the right one for the social aspect.

93. Lost a loved one - yes my first born

94. Had a baby - yes, incredible expereinces!

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit - divorce

98. Owned a cell phone - yep since 1997

99. Been stung by a bee - Several times, most recently 3 weeks ago!

2 comments:

  1. I never wanna do the divorce thing again but I like the skinny dipping parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ever I get a spare half hour while I'm online, I'll have a go at this - looks like fun! Are we allowed to change the questions to suit our own country? Not that it matters, I've been to the USA enough times to have seen most of the places mentioned!

    ReplyDelete