Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Thursday 26 February 2009

I'm back!

Yeee-ha... after an extended absence, I am back to my old self! Hallelujah. I was about ready to shuffle off my mortal coil.

Although a lot of my symptoms I had pointed towards stock standard PMS. Something I DON'T like to use as an excuse for bad behaviour and attitude. I could not work out what was wrong with me. I now think I actually had a low grade viral infection because I felt so very very tired, lethargic, drained, listless and pap.. I just had NO spark - at all. To the point that when our CEO (in from London) came over to say hi I could barely muster up a fake smile or any enthusiasm for him.

Wenchy posted this quote:
I'm going to get through this; I'm going to be fine. The power to do it is all in my mind. ~ Cindy Wagner
I clung to it hoping I could just mentally snap myself out of it.... But there was more to it than that there was definitely something physical going on with me too.

Last night I decided I needed to go for a run and that THAT would be the magical cure to make me feel better. But I physically could NOT run. I felt like my blood was thick and my legs heavy - a weird weird feeling I'll have you know. Anyway I got myself out there and just walked, listening to music. I ended up walking 10km and quite enjoyed it, but was rather exhausted afterwards.

Finally this morning I woke up feeling WAY better. I still feel a tad tired, but I am smiling and joking today and getting my work done and just feel like I can FUNCTION again. What a relief.

Welcome back self! Don't go away again m'kay? It's sad and lonely without you!

2 comments:

  1. I actually wrote that quote on a post it and stuck it on my desk in my line of sight!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... i am glad you seem to be over it.

    ReplyDelete