Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Maths homework = FAIL

OK, so Quinn is now learning about division in maths in Grade 4 and their homework was to practice division by 0, 1 & 2... Sounds simple enough right? .... Er no, think again!

I am sorry, I did up to 3rd year varsity maths, and last time I checked division by zero was mathematically impossible!!

So did the rules of physics change while I wasn't paying attention or what!? Wink Rolling Eyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_by_zero



*shakes head*

I told Quinn to ask his teacher if she is insane, because it is not possible. I hope he actually doesn't.... Embarassed Laughing



Computer Says NO!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. Funny that! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then why is Quintus learning this in Grade 3? I'm going to tell the school they must stop their crap and wait till next year ;)

    Divide by zero? Thankfully they don't teach them that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also thought it was impossible- a "divide by zero" error makes a stored procedure for running a report fall over every time!

    ReplyDelete