Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Do you feel loved?

I don't.

No one has ever loved me. Accepted me, and and allowed me to just be who I am.

No one. Ever.

Except my children I suppose. Who are always there. They let me sing badly, they laugh with me, dance with me. They see me naked and don't judge me. They play with me, cry with me, hug me and tell me they love me. They are my ONLY authentic relationship in the whole world. I don't have to hide what I think or feel from them. They GET me. I am so thankful I have them.

I sincerely hope that they feel the same about me, and that they KNOW that I love and accept them as they are.

I need to stop caring about anyone else and wanting anyone else to love me or notice me. I am wasting my time, my feelings, my energy, my love.

I'll keep it for my boys and myself for now. We are enough.

12 comments:

  1. *hugs* there is not stronger relationship or bond between a mother and her childen.

    It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authentic relationship. That is exactly it. We all want that.

    I hear you my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man this makes me sad :(

    But is a feeling I identify with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a mom/child relationship is the best. :) I'm sorry you don't have another that is special. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moaning Myrtle8 April 2009 at 11:16

    I really understand this phost of yours. I never used to feel that anyone got me or accepted me just completely for me - until I met my husband and I feel very grateful for him. Don't change - you are wonderful as you are and someone will know that and accept you just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The annoying clapper10 April 2009 at 09:52

    You know what I am going to say here. Where to get it... total love and acceptance and affirmation and support and peace despite circumsatnces. From the person who knows every dark and ugly secret yet loves you anyway. I know all the man made crap that comes with it but sift through it. Ok, I also know I sound odd here so will just end by saying you have nothing to lose here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you'd be surprised. I think there are many, many people reading your blog and FB who think that you are super-wonderful exactly like you are, are rooting for you, but don't necessarily qualify as a friend or family member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BIG cyber hugs Jane, I wish I was closer so I could take you out for some coffee and then some cocktails and then something else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments guys. I REALLY appreciate them.

    Mel Clapper, you really are flogging a dead horse. I have zero need or desire to be Christian. Really. I would respect you and your clapper beliefs more if you would be a little less zealous about pushing yours on people. I know you mean well, I really do. and that part I do appreciate. A lot. But it is just fundamentally against any principles and beliefs I have. I am simply NOT A CHRISTIAN. Sorry babe.

    Beccy: Wow thanks. Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete