Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 13 April 2009

Goldfish are awesome and feelings are ok.

I'm not really feeling inspired to blog this week-end... will catch up later in the week with Easter pics etc. But the Easter week-end has turned out pretty serendipitously good. I have processed a lot of stuff that's been lurking in the depths, understood a few 'Inconvenient Truths' (private joke - LMAO) and I do think I have moved on. Some things just don't work out and even though it may hurt at the time, it's better then trying to maintain a fantasy and to allow it to get more complicated and messy.

So as always I am fine and will be fine. Despite my recent display of emo updates around the web. Tacky as it may appear from the outside, I find it really helps, and my cyber-friends are my support base. Sometimes just getting something out there makes it feel not so bad, or even ok again.

I may be slightly more guarded and cautious again now, but I don't think I want to act, feel or appear hard, unfeeling or even super strong. I know am strong, I am capable, I am independent and as always I don't NEED any one. But at the same time I am also emotional and I do feel deeply and care about a lot of things, and despite that sometimes being unsettling and scary, I do actually think this is a good thing. So no catatonic state for me thanks. I also don't think I need to be a 'guy' anymore either.

Anyway moving along....
The boys and I went to see Goldfish last night - along with most of Cape Town.

I have wanted to see them for ages and they totally did not disappoint. It was absolutely awesome! I had an absolute ball. So much so that I don't have one single photo. *gasp* How did that happen?! I am a bit disappointed about that now, but really I was just having far too much fun at the time. We met friends for a yummy picnic before and then I ran in to do my 16 year old impersonation right in the front (I'll blame the red wine ;) ). I do believe I shall be sharing my groupie status equally between them and The Parlotones now ;) They really are very very good.

Afterwards we went out for coffees. It was a really fun evening. Sadly the Kirstenbosch Sunset Concerts are now over, as is summer. But a new season brings changes and new experiences, and that's exciting. This is the start of 2009 - Part 2. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you sound a little better :)

    Mr Roses was also at Goldfish last night - said it was awesome! Really wish we had stuff like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane is awesome and goldfish are ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those concerts sound fantastic..... I am glad you are good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I really really want to see them again... can't wait for them to get back from Ibiza. In the mean time I am going to have to get the CD I think!

    ReplyDelete