Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 17 April 2009

Surprises, Quotes & Roses...

More and more I realise that life is full of interesting surprises... strange unexpected bouts of serendipity/kismet pop-up when you were not even looking for them at all. When you open yourself up to these you allow yourself to think, feel, experience and be things you didn't even imagine. This is what makes life memorable and what guides the course of your life giving you the possibility of experiencing the extraordinary.

Sometimes the end result is great pain, sadness and anguish, but often it also results in joy, happiness, fun, excitement, comfort, contentment and even love. The are the feelings of being alive, present and living life!

Who knows? Sure if you don't try you can't fail, but then you also can't succeed. All our experiences, choices and actions make us who we are. You have to own who you are, and move forward with that. This is why I do not regret things that have happened to me, things I have done or decisions I have taken. They have made me me.

These quotes are talking to me right now:

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.”

“It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them"

"Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you’ve found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for."

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."

Finally, just LOOK at these beautiful surprise roses! I am overwhelmed by their perfection. I don't want to say more for fear of jinxing it. But I am very much enjoying them.

“Avoid being impatient. Remember time brings roses.”

3 comments:

  1. hahaha Do you also have a Mr Roses!! TOO COOL!

    They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be enjoying them too, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete