Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 9 March 2009

Reclaiming myself

The Parlotones - Sun Comes Out

This is more than I can take.
I wont tolerate this any more.
It's more than I can take.

Wake me before the sun comes out and everything's alright.
The sun comes out and everything's alright

I'll take what I can get.
Just don't leave me the scraps.
I'm worth more.
I'm worth more than that.

Wake me up before the sun comes out and everything's alright.
Sun comes out and everything's alright.
Alright alright alright.

Hold on for one more day
I don't believe in much but for this I'll pray.
Alright alright alright alright.

Hold on for one more day
I don't believe in much but for this I'll pray.
The sun comes out and everything's alright.

-------

Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient - Aristotle

My care is for myself;
Myself am whole and sole reality.
- Robert Browning

Our only responsibility is to live our own life and take care of our own children. - Leon Kass

---------

"There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you."
- Stacey Charter


"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for." - Maureen Dowd

1 comment: