Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 6 March 2009

Supernatural, superserious - Enjoy yourself with no regrets.

I went to see 'He's Just Not That Into You' last night with what I guess is my BFF. We had fun. We had a drink before the movie, caught up and spoke a lot of shit, as we do.

I really enjoyed the movie too. I did not know a lot about it before, except that it's a book title and I may have seen snippets of it on Oprah years ago when I was (mostly) happily married. I didn't realise the cast was pretty impressive: Scarlett Johansen, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly, Ben Affleck, (yummy)Bradley Cooper etc.

Anyway this song was in the sound track and it caught my attention because I have been hearing it in the car over the past couple of months.

Right now I have no idea whether He's Just Not Into Me or not, but either way it doesn't REALLY matter. My life is full and meaningful and I am not crying. Why would I?

--------------
REM - Supernatural Superserious

Everybody here,
Comes from somewhere,
That they would just as soon forget,
And disguise.
At the summer camp where you volunteered,
No one saw your face, no one saw your fear.
If that apparition just appeared,
Took you up and away from this place and shared

Humiliation,
Of your teenage station.
Nobody cares,
No one remembers and nobody cares.
And you cried and you cried,
He's alive, he's alive.
And you cried and you cried and you cried and you cried.

If you call out safe then I'll stop right away,
If the premise buckles and the room starts to shake,
The details swap,
And the story's the same.
You don't have to explain.
You don't have to explain

Humiliation,
Of your teenage station.
Yeah you cried and you cried,
He's alive, he's alive.
And you cried and you cried and you cried,
And you realize your fantasies are
Dressed up in travesties.
Enjoy yourself with no regrets.

Everybody here,
Comes from somewhere,
That they would just as soon forget,
And disguise.
And you cried and you cried,
He's alive, he's alive.
Yeah you cried and you cried and you cried and you cried.
Oh, you cried and you cried.
Oh, you cried and you cried.

Now there's nothing dark and there's nothing weird,
Don't be afraid, I will hold you near,
From the séance where you first betrayed
An open heart on a darkened stage.
A celebration,
Of your teenage station.

It's an experience;
Sweet, delirious,
Supernatural, superserious.
An experience,
Sweet, delirious,
Supernatural, superserious.
---------------

There's a huge difference between want and need, and I KNOW I am not needy. Never have been and never will be. I have been emotionally independent pretty much my whole life. (Not having a nurturing mother will do that to a person.)

I know I battle to let people into my heart and to trust them, and perhaps once I do my feelings are a bit overwhelming and it makes me feel a bit unsure of myself and vulnerable. But I am real and honest. I do not play games or pretend.

But I am me, take it or leave it.

P.S. This morning when I dropped the boys off Griffin said 'Mommy you look pretty today'. This is not something I hear often, from anybody. It was so touching. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment