Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 20 February 2006

The dirty week-end

After already been spoiled on Valentine's day, I was taken away for a spectacular week-end too. I was expecting it to be nice, but I wasn't prepared to be treated like a Queen from start to finish. *grin*

Richard had been given a free week-end at any City Lodge after having a very bad experience there during a Johannesburg trip last year. He decided to cash it in at the Courtyard in Cape Town, which is one of the nicer hotels...

I was told to make myself available from 4pm on Friday and to pack a bag for Saturday. Which I did. I did not at all expect what followed...

Richard and the boys collected me at 4pm and took me off to the Courtyard, where I was to kiss them all goodbye, as they left. I was then handed a bag by the hotel doorman William. He ushered my to a cloakroom and handed me a note. The note told me to change into my swimming gear (which was in the bag, along with snacks, sunscreen, hat and a magazine etc) and then follow William. I did this and he showed me through to the swimming pool deck, and prepared a lounger with fresh towels for me. I relaxed in the sun for 20 minutes and was then summoned by a friendly-looking lady.

She showed me through to a room which she said was my room. It was a thatched cottage with downstairs living area and upstairs bedroom and bathroom. There was a massage table set-up in the living area. A note told me to go upstairs to undress for the massage. There was a robe and underwear waiting for me.I went back down and had a lovely massage. A combination of aromatherapy and reflexology and shiatsu etc. The result was very relaxing and calming though. Simply lovely. When she was done she slipped away handing me another note. This one told me I had some time to relax and look around, and then to get ready for dinner. I had about an hour and a half. The living area had a kitchenette. Richard had provided red wine, sparkling wine, beer and tequila. So I made a shandy and went back upstairs to look around.

It was simply over-whelming. There were helium balloons tied to the banister, and the whole room and bed was decorated with candles, scatter cushions, scented pillows photos, flowers, cards etc. As well as a gift bag with lotions and massage oils etc. My clothing for dinner was laid out on the bed with shoes, hair accesories and jewelry and everything. I don't think a single thing was overlooked.
The roses on the bed were beautiful - with the flower part made out of feathers The bathroom contained all the toiletries I could possibly need, all beautifully packaged in a pink netted bag, and the bath was filled with red rose petals.

Then I saw a package on the bed, I had thought it was my present from Valentines day a few days earlier, but then realised it was a different parcel.

It was a package containing La Senza lingerie. WOW
I spent some time bathing and getting ready for dinner, and then made my way down to to the Wild Fig Restaurant's bar as instructed in the note on the bed.
(photos were forgotten after this)

I ordered a glass of red wine and waited, after a while Richard arrived looking very smart, in a new shirt and tie, which matched my outfit.

He had made plans for the kids to sleep out and taken care of packing their bags and getting them there etc. I had not had to plan anything or worry about anything or co-ordinate anything. It was nice to be able to just relax and go with the flow instead of having to be in charge and looking after everything!

We had a delicious dinner before returning to our room...


The next morning we woke up late and had a slow start to our day. At about 11:30 am we went to the gym, where we worked out a bit and met up with the kids and let them swim. We then all went for breakfast (at lunchtime) and had bacon and eggs.

After that we went through to our friend's renovation-completion- house-warming. We were planning on just stopping to say hi and dropping the kids off, but we ended up staying for quite long and having a wonderful time. We also made and ate sushi rolls and had the most delicious crayfish and litchi salad *YUM*, as well as looking at photos of some other friend's recent engagement in Zanzibar - it looks stunning. We had a good giggle about what was being called our 'dirty week-end' and I think the rest of the guys are going to be expected to be at thoughtful and creative now. (I hope they do it, because their ladies deserve it!)

We finally trundled off into the thick mist back over the mountain to our hotel...

We had another late morning, waking to a massive Cape power failure.
We finally made it back over the mountain after dropping all our luggage at home and collecting a take-way lunch for everyone at about 2pm.

We relaxed and chatted while the boys played and played. We took them home at about 6:30pm, both boys passed out on the way home, and were put straigh to bed.
With the power still out, we had no option but to continue our romantic week-end - by candle light - there was nothing else to do! ;)

I think it was a simply perfect weekend.

Am I lucky or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment