Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 9 January 2007

I'm blue and squiggly

My dear friend Dave. Made this for me (pictured below).

It is his artistic impression of me... I LOVE it. I think it is beautiful!

Things are pretty, graceful, rich, elegant, handsome, but,
until they speak to the imagination, not yet beautiful.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
David Hume ("Of the Standard of Taste" Four Dissertations)
Beauty is no quality in things themselves: it exists merely in the mind which contemplates them.

Khalil Gibran, (1883 - 1931)
Beauty is not in the face;
beauty is a light in the heart.

John Keats
A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness.


and I couldn't resist this one... ;)
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward.
- Spanish Proverb

3 comments:

  1. Such a pleasure to create! Enjoy!

    As I said on the Flickr comments, Wilde proclaimed all art beautiful, and therefore quite useless. You, dear Jane, are far from useless and are therefore that most exquisite of beautiful things - a work of craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its stunning!!!! wot a work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete