Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 16 April 2010

I finally took a real stand

Maybe not in the most classy or dignified way, but it was a stand none the less. I stopped compromising, playing nice and allowing myself to be used.

I forced my hand causing a big rift, meaning that I now look despicable to some. I wasn't sure exactly why I did it, until I gave it some thought and I realised that subconsciously I wanted it all to end properly. To stop being able to think about 'what ifs' and 'maybes'. To stop being played and pursued. To stop being manipulated.

I wanted to make sure it was completely broken and destroyed and irredeemable.

I wanted to stand up properly for me and make it clear that what happened was NOT ok with me and I will never allow it again. If I had to make some enemies to do that, then so be it. In this case it was worth it. I am worth it.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". ~ Winston Churchill

3 comments:

  1. You are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post and excellent decision. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you have to draw a deep line.

    ReplyDelete