Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Thursday 3 March 2011

I can run properly again! First post-ankle-break race.

I ran the Men's Health 10km Race at Moullie Point Lighthouse last night and it was FANTASTIC.

The weather was perfect and I felt good and I actually enjoyed the race. My ankle was fine (I am SO thrilled about that) and incredibly I finished in 52:13, which is my second fastest 10km time ever. My best time is 51:33 (on a course with a few hills and a nice fast down hill), otherwise I usually do more like 53-55 mins. 

YAY!!!! :) :) :)

No one could believe it, including me. So although I did not win my beer challenge, because some of my freinds are INSANELY fit and fast, and my friend Johan finished in 38 mins! :shock: I still did well and was within a minute or 2 of most of the others and I did beat a few of them too.

   dan1 dan1

I am so chuffed. Like REALLY. I had no idea how well I was doing and couldn't gauge how much speed and fitness I had lost. Last night I felt strong so I deduced that it was cos I was running slowly, but I wasn't!

Image

2 comments: