Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Pap Smear - abnormal *karma needed pls*

Please spare a thought for me...

In January I had a routine pap smear done.
It came back as having 'abnormal cells'. I was told not to worry as it was most likely nothing, but to have a repeat pap in 6-months to double-check confirm.

I went for the follow-up on Friday. It has come back iffy again showing 'abnormal cells' on my cervix, so my sample has been sent off for more detailed analysis & testing. :? 

I don't want to worry about it too much before I know what the situation is, and if I do need to worry or act on it, but obviously it is in my mind a bit... And I am finding my mind wondering about consequences (with the boys etc etc etc) if it IS a problem. And they are not pleasant thoughts...Meh.

I should find out more on Friday. But please spare a small thought that it is not a big issue. Please.

*update*: I had to go for a colposcopy biopsy - most unpleasant medical experience I have ever endured. It was really not fun. but thankfully the biopsy results showed nothing to be too alarmed about so I just need to make sure I have regular pap smears and keep a look out but otherwise everything is ok! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment