Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 20 June 2014

Proud of my boy...

Griff is an amazing child he just quietly gets on with whatever needs to be done, and while he can sometimes seem to be a lazy obstinate shit (he'd gladly spend alllll day playing pc games), he really has an amazing sense of ethics and principals.

He'll get up every day when I get home, to come and greet me and see if I need help carrying stuff from the car, and he'll even come help me take my shoes off if I am struggling (or being lazy myself). In the morning he'll pack my lunch for me and is just generally helpful and nurturing.

He self-studied this term managing his own time and schedule and deciding what he needed to focus on and when. He's been bringing his exams home in the past week so I can see them and his marks have been really good, all between 75 (Geography) -96 (Maths)%.

Anyhow, yesterday they got their Geography papers back and while the teacher was going through the exam with them - so they could write in corrections for the things they got wrong - Griff noticed he'd been awarded a mark on one question, where he's actually got the answer wrong. He took it back to show the teacher and got a mark deducted.

The teacher was so impressed at his ethics and honesty, that he got rewarded 10 merits.

I love that he has this deep level of integrity and sense of wrong and right. Too many people focus on what they can get away with...

1 comment: