Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 3 October 2005

Quinn the lateral thinker

Quinn loves to dismantle stuff. He loves 'breaking' stuff. If we get something new he loves cutting up and dismantling the packaging. And I also find broken toys all the time. I once got him something new (he must have been about 3yo) after 10 minutes he asked me if he could 'break it'. I was quite shocked and offended initially, and then I realised he actually wanted to take it
apart to understand it. I wasn't just to destroy it....

He is incredible with lego. My thinking is quite linear and rational so I used to make detailed and realistic house, cars etc with lego, whereas Quinn is able to be completely lateral and use all dimensions, he makes incredible space ships, birds and monsters etc etc but often the finished product has the lego pieces facing upside down or side ways, so he is not constrained byt he pieces needing to be built from the bottom up and facing the right way. I am quite impressed by this as I battle to
be really creative and break out of my self-imposed boundaries.

I'll try to remeber to take some photos of these creations (now that I have a non-broken camera, that can u/l to my laptop easily) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment