Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 8 September 2006

I dressed like a 'dork' and won a t-shirt

Last night the gym had a spring event. We were meant to dress up 'bright and fun' for the kata box class. Now anyone that knows me knows that I'll grab any opportunity to 1) Party and 2) Make a fool of myself.

So with the kid's help I selected some suitably bright and funky attire to take to last nights class.

I had:
  • Black spandex cycling shorts (argh!)
  • Multi coloured striped socks - bright pink, blue, yellow and orange.
  • I bright blue t-shirt with a bright pink string vest on top.
  • My new grey and sunshine yellow tackies
  • My hair in 2 pig tails and
  • My red pixie hat with big pixie ears, from a ballet concert when I was 7 (how can I STILL have that!?)
Yes, I induced much hilarity, sniggering and general strange looks in the class and gym in general, especially since I was only one of 2 people who bothered to dress up. The other a middle-aged lady who had a neon t-shirt and peak cap with flowers sewn on it.

Still the class was fun anyway. Towards the end some other staff members came in. They had a quick lucky draw for some key-rings - whoop-dee-do! I got nothing. Then they decided I needed a prize so I got a black Virgin Active t-shirt and a chocolate.

I went home - in my full multi-coloured glory and told the boys 'I won!', to which Richard said, 'What for dressing like a dork?'

Well, yes!

6 comments:

  1. bwha h ah ahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Wheres the photo!!!??? I wouldnt have the guts to do that??!!!
    I take my hat off to you! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Which reminds me of a joke i was sent yesterday?
    Do you know the difference between Balls and Guts?

    GUTS - is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being met by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

    BALLS - is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say: "You're next, vetgat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe - loved Lindy's balls / guts debate!

    I attended H&RC 'rave aerobics' once, all tarted up in my vest saying "phuck off I'm rushing" and stripy pants...didn't win anything for looking a dork though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go to gym and get a chocolate!? Now that's my kind of gym lol
    WHERE's the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mel you should come to the UK - at my gym Fitness First has a FREE soda fountain...but they cleverly show the calories on the drinks you have...it's why I eventually cancelled my contract (another thing you cna do here, which Virgin doesn't allow you to do back in SA) was because I would burn 37.5 calories on the step-thingy and then enjoy a 40-calories fizxzy orange...

    ReplyDelete
  5. when u going to update your blog ? I have got nothing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah exactly - I keep reading my own blog!

    ReplyDelete