Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 3 January 2011

I can run!!!

Ok not PROPERLEY yet but I am getting there!

When we left Cape Town 9 days ago I could just walk, wearing an ankle brace and taking care with each step.... now I can walk pretty much like a normal person and don't have to be super careful on inclines and pay attention to each and every step and can do stairs like an adult (not like a child learning to walk) ;).

Today I decided to try my usual 4km there and back to my local gym, with NO BRACE. I was planning to just walk, but was feeling good so I decided to try a little trot and I could do it!!! I did 1km and then walked 1 until I'd done about 3.5kms running!! Last time I was at the gym I had to use the lift and limped in, today I climbed the stairs and walked in. I am so thrilled. It seemed like I'd never be able to run and suddenly I am healing and feeling almost normal! :D :D :D :D

Yay! The 1/2 Marathon I have entered on 1 May seems more or less achievable again now!

SQUEE!

poo1 p1 t1 c1

No comments:

Post a Comment