Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Tuesday 6 December 2005

My garden

I have never been much of a gardener. I used to think 'you stick stuff in the ground - it grows' I now know better! My fingers are not particularly green and a lot of what I stick in the ground doesn't grow! I am getting better though.

I have got some nice indoor plants which seem to be surviving well, some of them have been going strong for a few years now. In our previous house I started dabbling in gardening, but the garden was a bit big and I mostly found it a chore, and there was a lot of grass to mow, and added to some bad experience with garden help, it was not alsways fun at all.


In our new house we have a small garden and no grass, and I am really enjoying the garden. It is big enough to have variety, but small enough to be manageable and fun. We lost a lot of plants last summer due to the heat and drought and a lot of cutworms, and other worms and bugs have been eating the rest, which is quite disheartening, but I think it is slowly recovering and starting to take shape.

There is a gardener/hand-man at the kids' school and we have had him over a couple of times to do a clean out and to turn the soil and he does a great job, which revitalises the garden and inspires me to get stuck it.

I have been buying little pottery and metal work birds to live in the garden, and this week-end I bought a Buddha to sit outside the room I work from....

I love my garden :)


No comments:

Post a Comment