Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Sunday 26 November 2006

GAH!

Why is it that after washing my car it looked worse than before I started!?

I am obviously very domesticationally (yes I made that word up) challenged. Not only did the whole car come out smeared with cloth marks and water marks, no matter how hard I tried to rub them off with various substances but the windows now look grubby inside and out and worst of all I was stupidly wearing one of my very favourite shirts while trying to salvaged the windows before going out and I managed to spray the window cleaner in my face (don't ask!) and now my shirt is all bleached in splodges. So no more tight and fitted glittery 'Lizzy' shirt for me then. *sob*

My kids told me 'Tiny (our nanny) is MUCH better at cleaning than you are!'

I think I will leave the next car wash to the professionals then.

3 comments:

  1. You need to use plenty of clean water.

    You don't actually need to use cleaner.

    When I washed cars, I used to go through about five or six buckets of water per car. Clean the windows first, with a soaking wet rag and then a clean cloth. Then, work your way from top to bottom.

    It's labour intensive, but it isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sflaw thanks for the tips.

    I did use a lot of water - I hosed it down before and after washing it, but I think I used far too much detergent.

    If I had just hosed it down and then wiped it down with a soft cloth I probably would have got a much better result. I am hoping for rain soon...

    I tried to polish a car once - never again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why was your car when you can have it done??? bah! i hate washing cars! lol. A good workout for the arms, especially, as you found out, when it comes to polishing!!! bah!

    ReplyDelete