Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 6 November 2006

Score

We try to support our local children's home, the Marsh Memorial Home, especially now that it is literally a stone's throw from our house. I donated a lot of stuff to them when we moved, particularly a lot of baby stuff which they could use, like prams and toys etc.

So when I saw it was their annual fund raiser on Saturday I was keen to pop in and show some support and maybe get a pancake or something. It was just Q and I, as Griffin had slept over at Maxine's house (note to self - make sure they are suitably chaperoned from now on ;) ).

So Q and I tootled over pretty early as we had a list of things to get done in the morning, and oh my goodness it obviously pays to go early, because did we ever score there. I found a complete Pictionary set with everything except the drawing paper for R25 (Dave - pictionary!!!). Then we found Bionicles at R15 each (They are close to R100 new). I was pretty sure they'd be incomplete sets, but we took them home and not only are they indeed full sets but they are really cool, and the nicest ones we have! The flaming chicken thing is funny and has an elastic so it's head can make pecking movements, and the tall one is very cool with it's spiky spine.

We also got sets of special sparkly Tazos for R0.50 each (yes, I hate them too, but they gain Q street cred at school, and he swops, sells and plays various games with them).

We also found a plastic survival knife for R2, and a brain teaser puzzle and book, and Sully figuring (from Monsters Inc) and a hand puppet all for R2-R4 each.

We had about as much as the 2 of us could carry all for around R85. Score!

New Bionicles

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit of a horder myself, i have so many old toys packed in boxes that i cant bring myself to depart with, like, my first teddy bear which is like 32 years old!!! But its time to depart with them, as i say, tessy bear is sitting in a dark box, she deserves a better life than that!!!

    ReplyDelete