Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Fame at last!

Well not quite, but apparently I am quoted in the May issue of Fair Lady magazine!

I was contacted back in February and ask to comment on 'Why a doula is better than a dad in the delivery room'.

See the article (See top LHS in cover along side) is called; Should Dads be in the Delivery Room?

I sent a LOOONG response saying I don't believe a doula is better than, or can, or does (or should), replace a dad, but rather that their roles are different and complimentary. I said the doula could fulfill the role the dad usually has, if there is no partner available, but otherwise dad should be very much involved, and the doula's role is to support him too! (and a whole bunch more)

Anyway, I hope they used my comments in context! I will see if I can get hold of a copy tomorrow so I can see exactly what was said in the article....

THEN ...

Today I got a call from a radio producer asking me to appear on their radio show tomorrow! They got an early copy of the magazine and want to use the topic on their SAFM 'Otherwise' show tomorrow.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
OMW!

She asked if I can come into studio, but I can't because of work. I have a Project Board meeting in the afternoon, so I will no
doubt be rushing around preparing for that...
Rolling Eyes
I am also not sure whether I am confident enough to carry off a radio interview! I know I SUCK on camera, I just get far too self conscious and can't be natural. But I know the topic and it is something I am comfortable talking about so it could work out well. Embarassed Embarassed

Anyway, I think she will call me again in the morning and we may be able to arrange it so that I can participate over the phone. Otherwise I have sent her a whack of info which she may or may not use.

Either way at least doulaing is being publicized out there! YAY! Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment