Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Saturday 6 November 2010

Computer/Universe/Ankle says 'No'

So I finally met Ilse and co today... and OMW I made a total fool and spectacle of myself within about 20 minutes and totally disrupted their week-end camping trip and relaxing evening (and her friend J's birthday party!) . :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: but they are the most awesome, amazing, kind, caring, helpful and generous people ever.

I am grateful beyond belief at how they went out of their way to rescue me, and serve me and entertain myself and boys.

Thank-you- thank-you thank-you!
-----
Right so dear sweet Ilse has been trying to get me to meet up with her and I have not been able to go... too busy, other commitments blah blah.

So after my rant on Friday about the friend - who is now no longer a friend at all officially - going off the deep end about me missing a phone call. She sent me a lovely message of support and invited me to a braai today at their camping week-end which is sort of near us (well a 45 min drive but pretty much the closest camping to here there is)... as always these days I was non-committal and not sure if I could schedule it in.

As luck would have it this afternoon I had some time and decided to screw the shopping, car washing, pool cleaning and usual stuff and because I am (was) running a race in the morning I was not trying to go for a run or anything and I decided it was a GREAT opportunity to go do something different and go finally meet someone who I knew I'd get on well with. (and to see her friend J again ;) )

So off we go and meet her and she is LOVELY and her hubby seemed cool and Dantelle is just awesome I just love her. She is so confident and quirky and fun and spirited! Within 5 mins I dashed off with D to go J-boarding and to play in the park. Ilse came to chat and asked when I was going to slow down and I had 101 excuses why not to... It wasn't long before I was climbing around on the play equipment - which is very higgeldy-pigeldy and run down in this place and all cobbled together from bits and bobs of everything. So we were playing an obstacle course race game and I was losing and being taunted by Quinn and Dantelle, so I tried to speed up and as I put all my weight forward on the cargo net it gave way and snapped and I fell straight through landing on the ground on the side of my foot which took my full weigh as I crashed onto my ankle. It was excruciating!!

Poor D rushed over saying 'Are you ok? Are you ok? Are you ok?' while Q was laughing. I eventually gathered enough composure to say 'I don't know, but please be quiet ....' :oops: I did not know what to do with myself and I think I heard a snap or crackle and was very worried I'd broken my ankle. I could not move at all. I finally took my ug-boot type shoe off and my ankle was blue and horribly swollen. All I could do was lie there in a heap.

After 5 or so minutes I asked poor D - who thought it was her fault, IT WASN'T! - to get some ice. When she came back I had 10 or so kids around all staring and asking questions. :oops: :oops: :oops: I felt like such a dork, But getting up was just not possible. It hurt like nothing I have experienced before.

D (who has a sprained ankle herself) brought me her crutches and Ilse and her hubby arrived and he literally picked me up and carried me back to their camp. He is like a knight in shining armour, a true gem and gentleman totally swept me off my feet. I told him no man had ever rescued me before and 'Is he married?' lol.


My hero.... :)

Ilse then sorted me out with comfy chair, foot stool to put my foot up on , transact patch, bandages, anti-inflammatories, a drink, blanket, you name it. Her hubby served me dinner and coffee.



The boys played and had a ball and it was a really awesome evening - once the pain subsided a bit.

But that's not all, there's more. They then rallied their troops and disrupted their whole evening by taking me home (rem it's about a 45 mins drive!) with me carried to the waiting car and made all comfy in one vehicle with Ilse another friend and G and Quinn, Ilse's hubby and another guy in my car.

We were taken all the way home, I was carried inside and loaned a set of crutches, and made to feel so cared for.

Ilse you and your hubby (and J) are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I really am sorry to have done that to you and disrupting your week-end so much but despite the pain and drama I am so thrilled to have finally met you. I knew I'd like you but wow you guys are way above and beyond what I expected. Thank-you thank-you. I owe you!

So now I am home and laid up in bed and NOT running the Landmarks tomorrow.


Please just pray that it is just a bad sprain and nothing is cracked or broken cos I'll need to get better asap. But for now universe I have stooped and am resting. I am listening!
----
Oh and when it happened I was lying there thinking 'crap crap crap' and wondering how I was going to get myself home and sort myself out and who I could phone etc, and yet once I was rescued I didn't have to even think about it, I was totally 'looked after'. It really was a first for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment