Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Friday 4 October 2013

Senti-mental

One  of the things I have sorted out recently was reviewing and updating my insurance policy and coverage. 

So the call centre guy was asking about valuable jewelry and watches and how much it needs to be covered for. I said I had none... He was disbelieving when I said I really have NO jewelry or watches of any major value at all. (And apparently I am already covered up to about R15k anyway)

Then I said, 'No wait I do have a ring my ex gave me but it's not worth a lot, maybe R5k..? And anyway it really has no sentimental value.' 

I was quick to counter that it wasn't meant to have come across as bitchy as it may have sounded, just that to be honest I'd be much more upset if my running shoes, HR Monitor or iPOD were stolen so maybe I should rather specify those?? 

He burst out laughing and thought it was really funny. He said 'I love your honesty'.  

It's funny cos it's TRUE!

 

2 comments:

  1. I had a bag stolen from the club once, and boy can running gear add up. So I think they should let you specify sports bag and sports gear R 5 k...

    ReplyDelete