Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Thursday 9 August 2012

I ALMOST broke 50 mins!

So I ran the Women's Day Challenge today.

My first race in a few months... The weather was perfect, there were not too many people, I know the route well, and I felt good. It was great run even though I didn't feel like I was going particularly fast... as I got to the end I rounded the last corner and saw the clock and it read 49:45! (I usually finish in 51-54 mins). No way!

I sprinted like an Olympic athlete, as that is the only time a sub-50 time has ever been near to my reach. I so badly wanted to make it under 50 mins. I jumped and landed on the finish line at 50:00 ON THE DOT. WooHoo!

It is a new personal best for me, for a 10km run, by a full 45 seconds.

I'm so chuffed! :)

1 comment: