Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 13 August 2012

Migraine Trends - can you help me analyse this??

So I have been keeping a calendar of my migraines thinking it may be useful to be able to spot a trend eventually...

They started when I was 16 and then I had them very intermittently after that and only ever while I was pregnant. After that it would be very occasionally.

I have identified my triggers to be (I think in order of magnitude and severity):
- Hormones - I have a definite cycle which seems to correlate to hormone spikes.
- Stress - they always pick up in times of particularly emotional stress/turmoil
- Exertion - most these days are during or shortly after hard and sustained physical exertion - I think there is an either blood pressure and/or blood sugar factor here.
- Possible dietary factors (wine and chocolate being the most likely suspects here)

I had lots in 2008 (the year of my divorce) and then they stopped, for a year or so. These are the ones I have had since I started tracking them in 2008:

- 21 July 2008

- 4 Sept 2008

- 11 Nov 2008
- 3 Dec 2008
- 21 Dec 2008

- 11 Feb 2009

- 4 April 2009
- 4 May 2009 (at home end of 8km run - doing forward bends - blood pressure & blood sugar and head rush)


- 23 Aug 2010 (middle of a 10km run - while in the Chinese food shop - florescent lights, funny smells, MSG..?)
- 20 Sept 2010 (at home end of 8km run - doing forward bends - blood pressure & blood sugar and head rush)



- 2 May 2011 (18km into Half Marathon - Exertion and low blood sugar (no breakfast and no nutrition on run))



- 28 Apr 2012 (45km into cycle - Exertion and low blood sugar (no breakfast and no nutrition on cycle..?)) 
- 28 May 2012 (Monday morning after red wine and chocolate the night before and ran race the morning before)
- 7 July 2012 (in Canal Walk after 17km run, florescent lights, exertion and low blood sugar)
- 10 Aug 2012 (P'nP after hard work out, florescent lights, treid on a strong perfume, low BP)

So those of you that can analyse data go for it... Explain! Diagnose...?

No comments:

Post a Comment