Thinking & Feeling

“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

Monday 15 February 2010

You have GOT to be shitting me!

With my recent name change, I have been contacting all and sundry to update my name on their records. Bank cards, accounts, subscriptions etc etc. So last week I sent the City of Cape Town my standard letter explaining the whole thing and requesting that they change the billing name for my water, rates & electricity accounts on my home and rental house.

Their response:
"Dear Jane Fraser

I refer to your e-mail dated 09 February 2010.

Unfortunately we are unable to do a surname change upon your written request. The properties must first be reregistered at the Deeds Office through transferring attorneys."
My response: "You have GOT to be shitting me!"

Seriously, SERIOUSLY!?

1 comment:

  1. Oh freak, I hope that is not true. I am seeing $ signs.

    ReplyDelete